Strive for Excellence supports education in Irovo, Kakamega County, Kenya.
Our principal project is to develop Shalom Academy, the ECD/Primary school we built in January 2017 – that means more classrooms, more teachers and more educated children.
2015 – 2017
- Brought educational and sports/games supplies
- Purchased an acre of land in the village
- Fenced the property and cleared old tree stumps
- Brought more educational supplies
- 1st stage build: (4 classrooms)
- 2nd stage: 5th classroom and kitchen, completed long-drop latrines, built desks and benches
- Installed water harvesting system
- Built 2 wash stations
- Painted building in school colours
- Built secure supply cabinet
- Levelled floors
- Cleared land
- Planted trees and hedges
- Brought significant employment to village people
- Provided year-round motorcycle transport
- Increased registration to 60 children
Build 3 more classrooms
Build staff room
Provide uniforms and school badges
Fund 2 teacher training places at college
HOW CAN YOU HELP US?
You can help by donating good quality text books and stationery, uniforms and satchels – what do you have?
Cash donations are needed to develop infrastructure and pay our teachers.
Click on the button for a list of items the children need, and how your money can directly help the children of Irovo.
Strive for Excellence is run by a small, dedicated team of five trustees. We accept no payment of any kind and take no remuneration for expenses or travel.